Selected Interpreting Projects
- Arthrex 2013 Distributor Summit, Naple, FLorida
- American Vascular Access Association Annual Conference
- Pfizer Clinical Trial Investigator's Conference (China)
- Pfizer Clinical Trial Investigator’s Conference (Japan)
- 2012 Special Operation Forces Industry Conference, from 90+ countries with VIPs including the U.S. Secretary of State
- Microsoft/Aspect International web conference on multi-channel social networking technolog.
- Thermo Fisher web conference on Japan Nuclear Crisis
-Schering AG new product launching conference (China)
Trials & Court Hearings:
- Federal Court: Western VA Federal Court (interpreting for a key witness on trial); Middle TN Federal Court (court interpreter for 3-day trial)
- Virginia: Smyth County Circuit Court.& Tazewell County
- North Carolina: Buncombe,Burke,Henderson & Wilkes County
- Tennessee: Blount, Knox & Washington County
- Others: Cherokee Tribe Court; Texas Workforce Commission
- Week-long deposition as a check interpreter
for Milbank (a US International Trade Commission case)
- Personal Injury deposition for Tucker Law
Mediation & Negotiation
- Plea negotiation for the US Forest Protection Agency
- Child custody mediation, Bumcombe County, NC
- Solving China production issues for Skelton & Coleman Inc.
- Private meetings: Merrell & Merrell; David Sneed & Neo Law
- Tennessee Regional Health Dept.TN
- Washington County Outpatient Clinic, TN
- Psychological evaluation, Dr. Fitzgerald, NC
- Carolina Spine & Rehabilitation Center, NC
- MAHEC Dental Clinic, Asheville, NC
- Kingsport Regional
- Three-day factory QA auditing at Steel Fab, VA
- Week-long onsite operational training, UCM Zirconia,TN
- Nintendo quarterly planning meeting with Taiwan subsidiary
Who am I & What can I do for you?
With over 10 years of experience in language services, I am one of the first Certified Healthcare Interpreters in the nation and I am a registered court interpreter. I specialize in medical/pharmaceutical, legal,onsite business, technical & social-political fields. I am a U.S. citizen and fully bi-cultural with advanced degrees and working experience from both China and the U.S.
I offer a full-range of interpreting services, from simultaneous international conferences, trials, court & administrative hearings, depositions, worker’s compensation & clinical visits, and business meetings to hands-on training – remote or onsite.
Located in East Tennessee, I am within driving distance to nearby cities of Asheville, Knoxville and Charlotte. I also go to domestic and international destinations via air travel.
My translation work is focused on life sciences (medical\ & pharmaceutical) legal, technical and social-economic-political fields. My annual translation volume is about 200K. My projects are mostly simplified Chinese to English translation and proofreading due to high demand. My services also include transcription and turnkey projects with in-house QA procedure.
I am the President of TAPIT, an ATA-affiliated Tennessee state organization and a member of ATA, NAJIT, IMIA and ProZ. Please find my full resume from the link at the top of this page.
I look forward to your inquiry!
Selected Translation Clients
Blue Cross & Blue Shield
Borescopes R Us
Geovox Security Inc
Glaxo Smith Kline
Hong Kong Chinese Medicine G.
National Virtual Translation Ctr
Shanghai Trade Unions
Schering AG Pharmaceutical
US Government (IRS, FBI)
Divergent Language Solutions
Geo Language Services (UK)
Human Touch Translations
Langu-EDGE Solutions (Canada)
Neuron (Hong Kong)
TransPerfect (Spain office)
US Translation Company